2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Extract
Red Food Coloring
Spiced Apple Popcorn Balls
2 Bags Natural Flavored Microwave Popcorn, popped
1 bag (10 oz) Mini-marshmallows
6 Tbsp Butter, melted + extra for hands
1 tsp Cinnamon
⅛ tsp Nutmeg
1 ¼ cup Dried Apples, chopped
8-10 sticks for Popcorn Balls
1.Set out a large baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. In large pot, melt butter and whisk in cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in mini-marshmallows and stir to melt. Pour in 2 bags of popcorn (try and not get un-popped kernels into the mix) and chopped dried apples. Using a non-stick spatula, fold marshmallows, popcorn and apples together.
3. Rub some extra butter onto your hands and clump large handfuls (about apple sized) popcorn mixture together and mold into apple-like shapes. Set aside, repeat with remaining popcorn mixture.
For Candy Coating:
1. In a medium sauce pan, melt sugar, corn syrup and water together. Bring to a rapid boil and while monitoring temperature with a candy thermometer - bring the mixture to 300 degrees. Stir constantly.
2. Gently dip each stick for the popcorn balls into the candy coating and stick into the middle of each popcorn ball. Here, add in the cinnamon extract and food coloring and stir to incorporate.
3. CAREFULLY dip in each popcorn ball into the candy coating, and place back onto sprayed baking sheet to cool. Repeat with all popcorn balls. Allow to cool completely.
4. When candy has hardened, and cool - devour.
Recipe from http://www.countrycleaver.com/